- New Patient Appointments: Please arrive 45 minutes to an hour to check in for your appointment to give us ample time to put your information in our system ahead of your appointment. Bring a valid ID, your insurance card and all current medications.
- Routine appointments: Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in for your appointment. Bring your insurance card and all current medications.
- No shows/Same Day Cancellations: In the event that you will not be able to make your appointment, please contact us at least 24 hours prior. Otherwise, you may be subjected to an automatic 25$ no show fee. We have this policy in effect to try to minimize no-shows and keep our schedule open for patients in need.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions, please speak with a member of the office staff and they will gladly assist you.
1. Insurance filing and balance due:
- We will gladly file your insurance claim.
- If we do not participate with your insurance company you will be responsible for payment in full the day of your appointment. We will then courtesy file your insurance claim for you and any reimbursement will be sent to you.
- Co-payments are collected when you check-in. If you are unable to pay your co-pay we will reschedule your appointment.
- Medicaid patients must show their Medicaid card each visit. If you do not have your new card you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- All insurance changes must be given to us at the time of service. If your insurance changes, and we are not notified, you will be responsible for all charges. We will not bill your insurance for any prior charges before the change notification.
- In the event your health insurance plan determines a service to be “not covered” you will be responsible for the charge.
- As a courtesy to you, insurance forms for services rendered will be completed by our office with your primary and secondary insurance carrier. We will not file third insurance, but will provide you with the information needed to do so yourself.
2. Statement Procedure:
- We will mail a “statement” to the address you have provided once we receive payment from your insurance carrier. In the event that payment is not received from you within 30 days, a second “past due statement” will be mailed.
3. Returned Check Fee:
- If your check is dishonored or returned for any reason, we will charge you an additional processing fee of $30.00.
4. Prescription Refills:
- Ask your pharmacy to fax us a refill request at 910-897-2003 and allow 24-48 hours for all prescriptions request. Any controlled substance refills will require an office visit to obtain this prescription refill.
- Bring all medications with you to each visit.
5. Completion of Forms:
- Any forms not associated with reimbursement of a claim will be a $25.00 fee or more to the patient due prior to completion of forms. Some forms may require an office visit.
6. Appointment cancellations or reschedules:
- We ask that you give us 24 hour notice if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. This will allow us to give the appointment to someone who may need it. There is a $25.00 charge for a missed office visit. This charge must be paid prior to your next appointment.
7. Late appointments:
- If you are 15 minutes late or later for your scheduled appointment you may be asked to reschedule.
8. Currently, none of the LifeLink Medical Group providers have hospital privileges. As a result, the hospital doctors will determine your care during any hospital admissions. While our providers cannot influence your medical care during a hospital stay, we will gladly schedule a hospital follow-up visit once you are discharged to discuss your concerns and continue medical care.
9. Patient-Provider Relationship
- LifeLink Medical Group recognizes that medical care is a mutual relationship between a patient and the provider(s). Both parties have the right to terminate at any time if the relationship is no longer in the patient’s best interest.